Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sylvester Stallone reveals Steve Austin broke his neck during "Expendables" movie shoot - 5th January 2010

One of the biggest stories in entertainment news today is Sylvester Stallone revealing that WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin broke his neck while filming a fight scene for the upcoming "Expendables" movie.

"My fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking," Stallone told FHM Magazine. "I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck."

Filming took place last spring in Brazil. The movie is scheduled to be released on August 20 of this year with a super-star cast that includes Stallone, Austin, "The Wrestler" star Mickey Rourke, UFC fighter Randy Couture, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Jason Statham, and Dolph Lundgren.

This isn't the first time Austin has injured a fellow cast-member during a fight scene. During filming for the "Damage" movie in fall 2008, Austin broke MMA fighter/actor Paul Lazenby's nose during a fight scene. (Read the details and the Torch-Exclusive interview with Lazenby.)

Link: Daily Mail report on Stallone. (Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch)

Media Man Profiles

The Expendables

Sylvester Stallone

Steve Austin

Mickey Rourke

Randy Couture

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bruce Willis

Movies

Hollywood

Wrestling

UFC

News

Wrestling News

Entertainment News